Townsend is the perfect example of a small, comfortable place to call home in southern Georgia. Located along the southeastern edge of Georgia’s coastline, Townsend is situated along State Route 57, about an hour from Florida’s northern border. Townsend has numerous quiet, comfortable neighborhoods from which to choose. Located in McIntosh County, Townsend is:
- Just over 30 miles from Savannah, GA (perfect for a quick trip to another coastal city)
- Just under 90 miles from Jacksonville, FL
More Facts about Townsend:
- Represents approximately 25% of the McIntosh County population (McIntosh County: 14000 residents / Townsend: 3537 residents as of the 2010 Census)
- Most common occupations Townsend include Production, Construction, Building/Grounds, and Retail Sales
- One of the Sapelo Sound’s many tributaries runs through Townsend
- Closest schools include McIntosh County Academy, McIntosh County Middle School, and Georgia Southern University
Activities in the Area:
- Around 30 minutes from three scenic National Wildlife Refuges: Harris Neck, Blackbeard Island, and Wolf Island
- For a quiet, exclusive in-state getaway, travel about one hour south and explore Little St. Simmons Island’s quiet beaches and wilderness. (This island is privately owned—call ahead for reservations.)
- You are also under one hour from the endless beaches along the southeast coastline of the Atlantic Ocean
Real Estate for Sale in Townsend, GA
If you ask anyone who lives in Townsend, they’ll most likely tell you that their favorite thing about the area is the relaxed, quiet atmosphere. In addition to the laid-back atmosphere, you’ll have a wide variety of real estate to choose from—everything from a cozy condo to a sprawling, multi-level single-family home. Boaters will love our choices of riverfront homes. Our agents will be happy to discuss options that will fit your needs.
Homes for Sale in Townsend, GA
Common property descriptions of homes for sale in Townsend, GA :
- 1200 sq. ft., 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom attached condos within walking distance of the Sapelo Hammock Golf Course
- 1800 sq. ft., 3-bedroom, 3-bathroom (2 full/1 half-bath) single family home just minutes away from a boat dock and picnic area
- 3400 sq. ft. 4-bedroom, 3-bathroom single family home that includes incredible views of the Harris Neck Wildlife Refuge
There are also plenty opportunities to purchase land and build your home from the ground up. Contact one of our agents at RE/MAX All American for more information about making Townsend your new home.
Townsend Properties For Sale
5 beds, 5 full, 2 half baths
4 beds, 2 full, 1 half baths
See all Real estate in the city of Townsend..
(all data current as of
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.